Cook & Eat with Locals
Skip restaurants and enjoy your unique opportunity to Cook & Eat with Locals in Chiang Mai. On this special feast, our local host, invites you to visit her cozy home, where she will teach you to make Lanna Food ( Northern Thai Food ). You will learn the art of Northern Thai culinary, Make 3 Lanna dishes and 1 dessert, get a chit chat about anything you would like to know Thais and Thailand, and of course try your Lanna dish that you make on your own
- 8.30 am: Meet at “Chiang Mai Gate”
- 8.30 am - 9.30 am: Visit local market and buy some ingredient for your Lanna cooking lesson
- 10.00 am - 15.00 pm: Arrive at our local house and visit her organic farm. Then you will cook 3 Lanna dishes & 1 dessert (the menu changes seasonally ). While cooking, you will get a chit chat with the local host. Then you’ll enjoy the meal you cooked with the local.
- 15.00 pm: The local host take you back to your hotel
*Note: This price is per person. It does not include pick up but drop off is included.”
|Number of guests
|Price Per Person THB
What's not included?
- Gratuity (Tips) is not included in price
What people say about this tour
Nice tour around old city to taste northern food. The guide was friendly and helpful. The food you test is various and enough for lunch.
What a wonderful way to see the old city in Chiang Mai! The food we had on the walking tour was wonderful - all from stalls that have been around for a long time and a great variety of dishes for us to get to know quite a bit about Lanna cuisine.
We got to walk around and go to places we normally would not have. We had fantastic food at every location and we got to learn about the food and culture.
Kristi L, TripAdvisor
Should you (the client) choose to cancel a booking, Chiang Mai Food Tours must be notified by email.
The following cancellation fees apply for Cook & Eat with Locals:
- More than 7 days before departure, 10% of your payment
- 2 to 6 days before departure, loss of 50% of your payment
- From 48 hours before the tour starts, loss of all payments made.
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in a loss of all payments made.